Work Permits and Work Visas in Brazil

Understand how to become a legal employee in Brazil...

There are numerous types of visas and permits available allowing foreigners to work in Brazil. Any foreigner wishing to work in Brazil must have either Brazilian residency or a work visa.

All foreigners wishing to visit Brazil must have a passport (valid for at least six months after the date of arrival) and, depending on their nationality, a visa. For most nationalities this is a simple formality involving ticking the relevant box on the visa application form the flight attendant provides before landing in Brazil. The notable exception to this, however, is for citizens of the United States, who must apply for the relevant visa prior to travelling to Brazil.

However, anybody intending to involve themselves in any form of remunerated employment in Brazil needs a work permit (Autorização de de Trabalho) and anyone applying for such a document must also obtain the appropriate immigration visa (Vista) that is applicable to their individual case. Work visas are issued by the Consular post of the applicant's country of legal residence under the authority of the Brazilian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Ministério das Relações Exteriores).

Do you have a suggestion to improve this page? click here...

What's On


Jazznosfundos have live jazz every Thursday, Saturday and Sunday nights throughout 2010. Thursdays are alternated by Quinta à Cubana & The Tito Martino...

More Details

The Jazzers

The band is scheduled to perform blues and jazz each Tuesday.

More Details

Business Directory:
Related Categories

Become Member List your Business Blog For Us